DML:RE: Parking Break Gave Up...

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 00:20:26 EST

I haven't had any problems with my release handle inside, although I'll
admit I think that it's really floppy and will probably not hold up well. My
problem has been the cables. I've broken 2 already, and my 3rd one is
stretched real bad right now-I need to throw my spare on there and go get
another one(yes, I carry a spare p/brake cable-read on down!). The first one
broke while parked in the driveway, so it wasn't really a big deal, just
came out one morning to find my truck in the street. 2nd one was a big
problem, it broke while my truck was idling on the boat ramp and I was
trying to pull my waverunner up onto the trailer. When the cable broke, it
snapped hard and the trailer ran over my leg(still feeling that!) and then I
had to run and try and catch the truck from rolling in the water! The water
only touched the trailer hitch, but it could've very easily rolled into the
river! Once I got the truck stopped, I look out only to see my waverunner
about 1/2 way across the dang river, so I had to swim and retrieve that
thing! Needless to say, I was dissapointed in my parking brake system that
day!!!!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html