Re: Re: 13.603 @ 99.35 N/A

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 23:23:40 EST

On Sun, 04 Nov 2001 10:09:31 -0500, flyboy01@mediaone.net ("Mark
Kuzia") wrote:
>with ZERO traction, with traction, he should be running 12.9's. I know your
>truck is heavier, but I still think you have a few extra mph left in there.

Well, also keep in mind that the 13.60 run is the *only* 1/4 mile run
I've done with the 4.56 gears. For all I know I could have done
another run and been faster. I quit after that run because I was
tired and very satisfied just to be in the 13's. :-)

>I wonder if the OBD-II computer may be holding you back a little. If I were

Possible. The mechanic noticed that the PCM pulls a lot of timing out
during acceleration. Maybe too much, but with my compression I'd
rather be on the safe side as far as that goes.

>you, I would take the Dak to a chassis dyno and have them check the A/F
>ratio while doing a pull, I think that you should be running faster with
>that much horsepower (420hp)

My guess is that I'm too deep in the gears. 4.91 is pretty deep.
<grin> I did have A/F checked on the dyno. Check it out, it's along
the bottom:
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dyno6_060901.jpg

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
13.603 @ 99.35, 337rwhp, 360 N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html
"I fear we awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."
    -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - December 7, 1941.