Re: Re: Steering moannnnnnn

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 10:28:35 EST

At 03:55 AM 11/6/01 -0600, you wrote:
>--SNIP--
>About the TPs setting. Before I did the voltage adjustment as listed at
>SpeedTweaks. The voltage was .558v, I adjusted it up to .735v, The dealer
>brought it up to .786v. I checked it before coming to work tonight. Nothing
>was said about the small washers or even the holes being drilled out. I
>wonder if the Tech did the voltage adjustment via the computer or rotating
>the TPS? What ever they did it worked, it Idle smooth just like new now.
>-- SNIP -- Donald Mallett

Just information given:

The DRBIII (or equiv.) scanner will reset the minimum TPS to the factory
defaut setting. The PCM will then readjust the TPS to the optimum setting.
This is done after the minimum Air Idle feature of the scanner is used
when the IAC is adjusted or when the TPS has been replaced.

It would be very unusual for a mechanic to rotate the TPS. He would
probably have had a fit if he noticed the TPS trick :-)

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG