Additional information on my brake problem! Noticed something new

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 10:49:55 EST

Yup. Still got the same ol' problem. After having three different dealers
say everything is ok when clearly it is not (They aftermarket pads they
say will affect the feel of the pedal! b/s). Or that the Hotchkis will
screw the truck's leveing sensor up, when I told them it doesn't have a
leveling sensor, and told them if they meant the CAB sensor, and proceeded
to let them know it's already been reprogrammed to the right tire
diameter, they grumbled and blew it off.

I noticed a new problem that might aid in fixing my problem!

If I go to make a quick stop, the pedal will sometimes go where it can't
travel down anymore -- the floor. I'll still be rolling, and the pedal is
just floored. I'ms topping still keep in mind, but not nearly as much as I
should be. Shoes have been checked, drums turned, no glaze on any of the
components (PG Plus pads & Powerslot rotors)

Only thing dealer has done is bled, bled bled, replace calipers, and
replace the master cylinder. They've given up on me, told me to go away, no problem.

But I know there is a problem. I have 4 wheel ABS, and I've gone to a
strip to go to 60, make a panic stop, and you can't hear the ABS
modulating. That could just be system design, but I'm not locking up. FYI
- It's not locking up either.

My theory - the right amount of fluid isn't going to the wheels. Master
cylinder problem? That's been replaced by the dealer. I've had two people
mention combination valve, but I don't have enough expierience to say if
that is worth trying

Sorry for the length, if you can give me any more ideas, I'd appreciate
it!

Thanks
william