Re: Powerdyne Intercooler/Heat Exchanger

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 19:56:51 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> So you want to run you're A/C at the track and run slower???? (And
> possibly leave water puddles for the other folks abiding by the rules.)

I only know of the "nothing leaking" rules. As long as you abide by this (and
track,class,other rules) - A/C or not should not be an issue. I think there are
benefits to pre-cooled air being available for sub-15 second bursts (dragstrip
or other). I understand the Fords are big on this kind of technology.
Supposedly the lightnings have a similiar system that adds close to if not well
over 100 additional hp in their boosted applications.

Surely some redneck has rigged up some kind of vent-switching system that could
momentarily send pre-cooled cabin air thru the throttle body. Anyone care to
admit it and share some with/without results?

As far as running slower because the A/C is on. Who says it has to be on? I
said PRE-chilled air. Switch it off for those 15 seconds 8)

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump DynaGearDoubleRoller
WindageTray CompTAs