Re: Re: SUPERCHARGER Comparison???

From: Packed318@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 23:22:04 EST

In a message dated 11/10/2001 7:51:48 PM Central Standard Time,
coolva1@home.com writes:

> powerdyne is extremely efficent for 6-8PSI, but other than that, I've seen
> Vortech's last 4 years on 11 sec stangs (before sent in for an upgrade,
> still was workin flawlessly)
>
> If you're lookin to up the boost a bit, hit a Vortech... I'm runnin ~13PSI
> on mine, and shes Capable of 20, and the T-Trim (I traded my T-Trim fer an
> S-trim from a mustang buddy) is capable of 26PSI... Shes a lil louder than
> the Powerdyne I had, but I broke 2 belts inside of that trying to push more
> than 9PSI....
>
> Tim Berry - 97 CC SLT 318 4x2 Chesapeake, VA
> 13.28@103.75 - 2.117 60' Vortech S-Trim... well boosted =D

I would have to concur with Tim on this. I have had experience with Paxtons
(still have it on another car) and there is no comparison. The Vortech runs
much cooler and makes a lot more boost earlier. Just be careful about their
claims of 20 plus PSI. While this is possible, there are many other factors
at play, such as engine size, efficency and design of the system.

Wayne