Re: Re: SUPERCHARGER Comparison???

From: Packed318@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 10:24:56 EST

In a message dated 11/11/2001 5:07:47 AM Central Standard Time,
oyuri69@hotmail.com writes:

> So If I chose to go with VORTECH which model should I buy? I dont mind
> paying more (I do but its for the RT so I will work more hours if I have
> to)
> I just want the best for the RT and the most power. Is the
> S-TRIM the best?
> What if I want 13lbs of boost?
> Do I need a different pulley?
> What about engine upgrades to adjust to supercharger?
>
> Thank you. I am learning quite a bit and getting closer to making my
> decision.

Vortech sells a complete kit. Depending on where you get it, it goes from
around $3200 to over $4000. The kit will get you right around 8 PSI which is
safe for the motor and doesn't exceed the max blower speed. You also get a
three year warrantee. If you change the pulley like I did, it voids the
warrantee and gives you a few more pounds of boost. If you go this route,
remember at these boost levels, you have a much better chance of blowing head
gaskets. So far I have added water injection when I turned the boost up and
I am still on the factory gaskets. Check out Vortech's (and Paxton,
Powerdyne, and any others you can find) website. It is a big investment and
you should get all the info you can before you buy anything.

I had tried to put a group buy together for these when I got mine, but there
was not enough interest. I can put you in touch with the guy I got mine from
and you will probably get a good deal.

Good luck,
Wayne