Re: Amp Gauge Wiring

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 15:35:09 EST

Since you're running the dual battery system, wouldn't you install the gauge
on the positive wire of the yellow top (is this the one that you use when
your Dak isn't running?).

If I was going to install it on my single battery, I would more than likely
hook it up on the post in the relay box which has the short +wire connected
to it. This is the side of the relay box that has the drain from the battery
and not the alternator.

As for staying away from the starter feed, that shouldn't be a problem as
the power wire for the starter runs from the battery terminal.

On a related note, I finished upgrading my charging wires from stock to 0g.
I haven't had a chance to street test it yet, but "preliminary tests" idling
in the driveway with everything on shows the desired results. I was having a
slight drain while idling with the fan, headlights and stereo on. Not any
more ;-) Plus the 0g looks pretty cool in the engine compartment.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport