42RE Torque Converter? Where and how much?

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 01:05:15 EST

Okay, I want a torque converter for my 97 dakota with the 42 RE
transmission.

I have a 97 dakota v6 with a powerdyne, at 6 psi, billet tb, headers, cat
back, 1.6 roller rockers, no cat with cat box, iat adjuster, and electric
fans.

I barely drive the dakota day to day anymore since buying my 30 MPG civic.
but I do ocassionaly drive it.

I want a torque converter that will help stop the motor from boggin from
1500. because it bogs and it bogs BAD... but it also don't want neck
snapping launches at every red light. I plan on driving the dakota in the
snow because the honda is a mere couple of inches off the ground, and the
city won't pay me to be a snow plow....

Anyone know where and how much and what kind of stalls I should be looking
for? I saw that KRC offered the mopar performance torque converter and
wondered what the specs are on that.
-Chuong

PS. I'm also not looking to spend 795 bucks for that "viper" converter
tho...