Re: CB Install Help!!!!

From: Gus (crtech@hot.rr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 23:51:46 EST

They are actually very simple. There are two wires that you need to connect
and then the coax. The Red wire needs to be connected to a positive source.
You need to decide if you want the CB to be able to turn on if the key is in
the ace position or at anytime. Take a voltmeter and check which fuses have
+12 volts when the key is in the ace position and 0 volts when the key is
off. Or +12 volts at all times. Connect the Red wire to this fuse either
in front or piggybacked to the wire in back. Next connect the Black wire or
negative to a good ground. Usually a dash support bolt that is metal. It
can be checked with your voltmeter. All that is left is the coax. Just
screws into the back of the CB.

Sorry I do not have any pictures but I am sure that someone will have some
for you.