Re: '98 DAK mileage/exhaust

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 00:39:39 EST

    I'm not sure that replacing the cat will get you any better mileage,
though you may get more power especially if you've got other mods. Replacing
the stock cat with a high-flow unit WILL make the truck louder. A good
catback would probably help mileage, but then you will also have a louder
exhaust. The combination is even louder. I've got a 3" dynomax cat and a 3"
50-series flowmaster on my 360, and it sounds awesome!... but its definitely
"loud". :-)

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II FIPK, Comp Cams '604 cam, Progear timing chain, MP 2-bbl MPI, MP
R/T heads, Hughes' roller rockers, MP polished aluminum valve covers, ASP
crank pulley, MP Headers, 3" Dynomax cat, 3" Flowmaster, Accel Supercoil,
Magnecor KV-85 8.5mm Race Wires, Melling HV oil pump, Centerforce Dual
Friction Clutch