re: '98 DAK mileage/exhaust

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 12:19:52 EST

Brandon,

On my '95 V-8 my around town mileage was around 14.5 mpg with stock setup
and increased to 15.5 - 16 by installing a Jardine 3" catback and Jacobs
ignition.
I used a K&N filter for a while but that didn't do much for me. I just
keep a clean filter in now. I have a standard cat convertor.
The original muffler I got from Jardine was not too loud and had a nice
rumble. It finally gave up after
5 years and they sent me a Magnaflow replacement. It is a straight through
flow and bit louder but not as loud as a Flowmaster.
None of links to Jardine exhaust in Wyoming appear to be working.

Victor Williams , '95 Dak CC Sport,5.2L,5sp,3.55 lsd, Jardine Catback,
Jacobs ign.