'98 DAK mileage/exhaust

From: Brandon (ih8ac@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 15:11:07 EST

I have a '98 DAK automatic 4x4 w/ the 5.2 L and about 82,000 miles on it; I
get around 12 city and 17 highway. I'm wondering if a free flowing
catalytic converter (like the dynomax setup
http://www.dynomax.com/super.stm) and say a Flowmaster muffler would help my
mileage (it's possible that the stock setup is more restrictive and perhaps
even clogged with that many miles.)

1. I'm interested in reading about what exhaust mods people have done to
Dakotas and how they have affected gas mileage.

2. I'd like to hear suggestions for mufflers and/or high flow cats. I don't
want something really loud, and I don't want a muffler with dual outlets in
the back; I like the stock passenger-side out.

Thanks all!