RE: '98 DAK mileage/exhaust

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 15:08:06 EST

My Gibson cat back, single side exit, made no difference in mileage on my
truck. It sure does sound nice though!

John
98 Dak CC Sport 4X4, 5.2l, Auto, ....................

>I have a '98 DAK automatic 4x4 w/ the 5.2 L and about 82,000 miles on it; I
get around 12 city and 17 highway. I'm >wondering if a free flowing
catalytic converter (like the dynomax setup
>http://www.dynomax.com/super.stm <http://www.dynomax.com/super.stm> ) and
say a Flowmaster muffler would help my mileage (it's possible that the stock
setup >is more restrictive and perhaps even clogged with that many
miles.)

>1. I'm interested in reading about what exhaust mods people have done to
Dakotas and how they have affected gas mileage.

>2. I'd like to hear suggestions for mufflers and/or high flow cats. I
don't want something really loud, and I don't want >a muffler with dual
outlets in the back; I like the stock passenger-side out.