Re: Is it the fuel pump or the gas?

From: Matt Erikson (eaten_by_limestone@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 19:43:36 EST

In the last 4 years or so, the Dak has never run out
of gas. It has 128k on it.

The terminals are clean on the battery.

Last night I tried to start it again. It ran for
about 10 seconds and died. I checked the rails for
pressure. There was pressure before I tried to start
it, there wasn't any after it died. Since the filter
was checked, the only thing I can think of is the
pump. I can't hear the pump when I turn the key, can
any of you hear the pump?

Is ther anything else you can think that may be
causing the problems?

Thanks for all of the help so far.

Matt

How hard is it to drop a tank? Have any of you ever
changed the fuel pump before? How dificult is it?