Re: RE: Long cranking times...

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 02:03:54 EST

It sounds to me like a fuel pump that is leaking down, losing pressure. Try
this, turn the key on but don't start it. Shut it off and do it again, wait
a few seconds and crank. If it starts up instantly, then you have a bad
check valve in the fuel pressure regulator. Except for longer crank times,
it does not affect it in any other way. You can also expect slightly longer
crank times when you disconnect the PCM from power. See if it gets quicker
after a few days.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph "Fastdak"
~360ci, 5-spd, 8 3/4 rear / 3.90-SG
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)