Re: Power steering moan

From: Jon (jonram@megalink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 02:04:31 EST

I've got sorta a high-pitched whine in mine, most noticable at low speed,
but I think it's there all the time, just harder to hear at higher speeds,
given engine and road noise.
They replaced the serpentine belt when I bought the truck, in process of
elimination trying to find the source of the rattle that turned out to be
timing chain/idler pulley.
In my Dad's Stratus, supposedly the PS system has a belt separate from the
serpentine. Is that true for the Dak as well?
If so, it's something to look into.
Later,
Jon
jonram@megalink.net
The Dodge Diesel Website
http://www.dieseldodge.com
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.75 axle, "BackRack"
Headache Rack, Dodge Motorsports decals, steering wheel cover, and front
license plate, diamond-plate bedrail covers, Lund VentVisors, Lund BugShield