RE: Front Tow Hooks on 2000 Dakota 4.7L

From: Brian Bourne (Brian@cms.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 23:35:44 EST

Thanks for the reply Eric.

I looked at the pictures.... And no offense (please correct me if I'm
wrong) - but this installation doesn't look at all that sturdy. I think
if you were to give a hard pull on anything these would rip, bend or
break. Have you tried them?

I currently have the 99 and earlier style receiver bar that if bolted
up to the frame and then back to the cross member are rated for 5500lbs.
As is so nicely demonstrated at
http://www.dakota-truck.net/UPGRADES/TOWHOOKS/towhooks.html

However, as is apparent it doesn't reach the frame crossbar. I really
am looking for something this sturdy. Recovery of another truck offroad
is usually a high stress event!

Thanks again for the pictures though, this is all very helpful.

-Brian