Re: Re: Roll Pan ?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 07:48:08 EST

At 06:54 PM 11/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Are you talking about having the pipes exit through the roll pan? Because, I
>had it done. I actually had to have about a foot of the Gibson pipes cut off
>and new pipes re-bent. Depending on where you want the pipes to exit, the
>frame rails can get in the way. I was also only able to use 2.5" tips. I
>think you'll find the Gibson exits too low to put through a roll pan
>(however, I had been involved in a little rear end collision, so I need a
>few feet of new pipe anyway). Alex 97 CC Sport V8 5spd

Thanks for the feedback, Alex. I had just generally assumed that roll
pans would extend below the bottom of the stock rear bumper and
therefore there would have to be cutouts for rear pipes. Is this be true?

My pipes are about 1" below the stock bumper, about 13.5 - 14"
to either side of the center of the bumper, and the 3" (od) Megs
tips extend an inch of so beyond the rear bumper.

Last Fri. on the way to Cecil, I had to back up around an SUV at
a gas pump on the interstate and hit one of the huge crash barriers
around the pump which put a sizeable up and in dent in the bumper
and also 'puckered up' the fascia cover on that size. We did a
quick body work and paint job on the bumper in the motel's parking
lot.

Debating whether to replace with the stock bumper or go with a roll pan
if it is not an obstacle to the pipes.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG