Re: intakes

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 02:52:11 EST

Hey Geoff,

        Other than the M1 there are not really any aftermarket magnum
intakes. There are, however, companies like Hughes engines
(www.hughesengines.com) that will modify the stock manifold to varying
degrees. I am currently running the Hughes stage 2 intake which they sell for
about $350 (check the website to be sure) with your core. Sounds like the
RPM range you want would match up to the stage 2 Hughes intake. I'm currently
running a Hughes cam as well and the cam peaks at 5800 RPM. I am going to be
putting in the M1 2bbl manifold when I get some money saved. At that point
I'll be selling the Hughes intake (probably for $250). Anyways, check out the
hughesengines website, it is pretty informative.

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, 4.10 gears, auburn LSD, superior axles, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat) MSD digi6+
ignition, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires, HD cap&rotor, autolite 3923's, K&N
X-stream filter (14x3.5), 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (Trans-dapt
relocated), Hughes stage II TB and intake manifold, Hughes 1418 cam, 1.6:1
roller rockers, progear DR timing chain, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors,
Speedtweaks IAT adjuster