Re: Front Tow Hooks on 2000 Dakota 4.7L

From: Eric Peters (knobbyman@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 17:08:45 EST

That's correct. I noticed someone talking about
wanting ALOT of strength in there 4x4. I looked into
other ways of doing this but this method can handle
the stress and the only other way I can see for
beefing it up is to make the plate out of something
stronger. Stainless would be the next step up. I
priced it the cost of EACH! bracket is $80 that's $160
for the pair. I think that's abit crazy although I
might do it later just for the cool factor.

I found a jeep w/ a Warn 12,000 lb. winch in the apt
complex with me but I can't find the owner of it. I
left a note on his windshield 2 days ago but he still
hasn't called me and the note is still there.... Maybe
he's out for his Thanks giving holiday. Perhaps on
Monday he'll give me a call.

-Eric Peters