Re: Re: Swaping a Mopr Perf 380HP Magnum 360 for factory 318

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 20:00:20 EST

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:54:06 -0500, sawcut64@mediaone.net ("Sam
South") wrote:
>polished, I'm also running Mopar headers and a 3" exhaust. I would have
>loved to use the fully optioned R/T heads from KRC performance, but money
>was getting thin after everything else, I just wonder how much more HP I
>could have had with them.

Looking at the R/T heads next to the stock magnum heads on the bench,
the differences were amazing. Completely different design, with the
pushrods having separate holes to go through, and the channels leading
up to the intake ports being much bigger and less restrictive. Hughes
Engines told me the stock R/T heads flow more than their Stage II
ported magnum heads. I had them Stage 1 port the R/T heads and port
match the M1 intake. I also had some plenum work done inside the
intake. I was one of the first to order R/T heads through them, so I
had to wait a few weeks to get them. But they were worth the wait.
If you make it to a dyno be sure to post the numbers, I'd like to see
them.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
13.603 @ 99.35, 337rwhp, 360 N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html
"I fear we awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."
    -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - December 7, 1941.