Re: 3.9 PCM

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 14:47:01 EST

Ouch!! I've never heard of that happening, but that's certainly not to say
that it couldn't. From what you described, I would have to agree that it's
time for a new PCM :-(

To the best of my knowledge no one makes an aftermarket PCM for our v6's.
They can custom program them, but they (Mike Leach) needs your original one.

Your only options that I can see are:

1) Take your PCM/Dak to a dealer and have them plug it in to see what the
damage is

2) get a used PCM from a junkyard and have your VIN programmed into it by
the dealer

3) Buy a new PCM from the dealer

4) Contact Mike Leach and see if you can send him yours. He might be able to
see if it's still good or not and if it is, maybe he could reprogram it.

Also, try and contact Marty at www.krcperformance.com . Marty knows quite a
bit about v6 and v8 PCM's and I believe he's in close contact with Mike
Leach. Marty might be able to give you some more insight.

And I know you've probably already tried this, but have you taken the JET
chip out as well as disconnected the battery to try and reset the PCM? What
about checking the PCM wiring to see if there's any obvious damage? Probably
won't yeild anything useful, but the process of elmination could count for
something.

Hope everything works out (one way or another) and please keep us posted.

Take care,

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport