Re: Re: Swaping a Mopr Perf 380HP Magnum 360 for factory 318

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 02:16:55 EST

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 08:49:07 -0500, sawcut64@mediaone.net ("Sam
South") wrote:
>Hey Terry, did you have any piston to valve clearance issues with these
>heads? When I asked Hughes about using the R/T heads with my cam(HER1828AL)
>they said with the R/T heads they weren't sure, but there wouldn't be a
>problem with the stock heads(which there wasn't). I was just wondering with
>the R/T heads being a different design and being available with the larger
>valves if they were just a bolt on deal.

Sam,
I bought my Stage 1 ported big valve R/T heads from Hughes at the same
time as I bought the HER2228AL cam. Your cam has a bit more lift on
the intake than mine, but it's the same on the exhaust. Since Hughes
milled my heads for compression, and everything still cleared fine,
there's plenty of clearance with the R/T heads. In fact, I'm
surprised Hughes told you that, unless you bought your cam before I
bought mine.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
13.603 @ 99.35, 337rwhp, 360 N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html
"I fear we awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."
    -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - December 7, 1941.