Re: SpeedTweaks (and cable modem tweak)

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 05:58:01 EST

Tim - I'm paying about $45/month for Cox@home. For the most part I'm happy
with their service. But when the service goes down I call up and have them
credit my bill. So far they've been good about it and even credit my account
when email and web publishing isn't working.

I have looked into DSL, but Verizon states I'll see speeds up to 7xxKbps.
Considering I live in an old house with old telephone wires and I live a
considerable distance from their hub (can't recall what they actually call
it) I doubt I'll see the advertised speeds. Plus DSL is another $12/month.
And now with the speed patch I know DSL won't match the 2Mb/s speeds I'm
seeing now.

Dak content: I wish I could quadruple my Dak's performance with a simple
speed patch

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport