Re: Off-Topic: Excite@Home told to end service

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 13:50:58 EST

Hi Ron,

Sorry about the links. They must've taken the pages down. You can go to
http://www.cox.com/ and they post whatever updates they have there (and
remove the others so its customers have no idea what's going on).

Needless to say, I'm still up and running as well. I had a recorded message
on my answering machine from Cox Comm. stating that negotiations aren't
going well and that steps should be taken in case there's a loss of service.
Cox's idea of a temporary solution is for us to go to NetZero and download
their software. Cox's "special arrangement" with NetZero would allow me to
use the internet 10 hrs/mo for free. I'm just glad Cox is putting so much
thought into caring for it's customers. Makes me want to take stock out on
DSL.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport