tranny swap-NV3500 from AX-15?

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 18:05:21 EST

bad news, looks like the sychros are shot on my AX-15 tranny on a '96 3.9L
4x4 (manual) after 140,000 miles...shifting into 2nd and 3rd is a b!tch...
Jon Smith suggested looking into possibly replacing it with a beefier NV-3500
tranny...has anyone done this? Is it a bolt-in swap or is there more to it?

another question, I have a new centerforce clutch and pressure plate that
hasn't been installed yet, for the current tranny, would I need different
size clutch parts if I went to a NV3500?

thanks!
David Kilian--Clayton, NC
'96 4x4 3.9L, lifted and locked
http://cnc.4x4.org/members/members.php?member=david_kilian