Re: Re: Gas Mileage / Carburetor / New Engine?

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 20:36:28 EST

A 95 should have a throttle body, not a carb. If you mpg is consistent in city and highway, even with a heavy foot, it's probably a problem with the one of the many sensors that the computer uses to contol the A/F mix. Have you checked the computer problem codes yet? Look in the DML FAQ page to tell you how.

Even if the computer doesnt show any codes, check your exhaust pipe. Is it black from the engine running rich?

Almost certainly one of your sensors isnt working properly. After I replaced my MAP sensor and my O2 sensor, my consistent 10 mpg went back to its normal 20-22 mpg.

Mike
www.geocities.com/geek_farm/ (under construction)
93 V6