CB installation

From: Davidson, Kevin (kevin.davidson@transcendata.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 13:28:54 EST

(If this topic has been hashed and re-hashed recently, just
let me know and I'll peruse for it.)

I'm looking to install a CB in my 5-speed dakota. I was
given one, and it's the kind with the sliding mount, with
a bunch of copper electrical contact spring thingees. So
it's pretty heavy and big.

My question to you all... anyone install a CB like this in
their truck? If so... where?!?!

There isn't anything strong to mount it to that I can see
on the dash - it's all plastic, and I don't think it would
handle this thing. Anyone got any suggestions?

Also... what about antennas... I'm open to suggestions there
as well.

thanks!
kevin d.