Re: CB installation

From: Car37 (englehart@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 18:40:51 EST

What is the make and model of the CB? I am not sure what kind it is.
As far as antennas are concerned, there are many out there. Depends on
how you are going to install it. Stay away from the cheap RS ones. Go
to a radio shop or even a truck stop, the Little Wil is a good one from
Wilson. I run a Larson that is mounted through a hole drill in the top
of the cab. You can also get an L bracket and mount it opposite of the
AM/FM radio antenna. I have also heard the K-40 is a good antenna and
the optional magnet mount is very strong, never used one myself but easy
to tune from what I am told. I have had the cheap antennas blow off.
The antenna is just as important as the radio. I mounted my CB where
the ash tray was in my 96, but my radio is not that big. I am going to
post pictures on my web site when I get them scanned in.

--
Shawn Englehart
www.geocities.com/englehrt