Maint. required light on--HELP!

From: shanec@spie.org
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 13:57:25 EST

Hey all,

My maintenance required light has been on for a month now (engine still
running great) and I tried turning it off by resetting my PCM. This did not
succeed. I own a '92 CC 4x4 LE with the 3.9l V6 and I remember a few years
ago this light came on and I took it into the Dodge shop and they turned it
off for $35 (ouch!). I also heard that this light is only tripped by
distance or time (not because of a problem)--is this correct? I appreciate
any guidance you can give me with this issue. Thanks.

Shane Craven