Re: Maint. required light on--HELP!

From: Matthew N Intihar (challengerman@juno.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 17:45:28 EST

Mine's been on for about the same amount of time. It's just a warning
light for scheduled maintenance. Do you have an owners manual?-it talks
about this light. It covers the PCV valve, the O2 sensor, the EGR valve,
and some other basic stuff. It's just a reminder. Not sure on how to
turn it off though, I'm trying to figure that out myself. Supposedly,
the procedure is in the FSM. Hoping to get one for Christmas:) HTH!

Matt
'92 CC SuperLE 3.9L auto 4x2

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:57:25 -0800 shanec@spie.org writes:
> Hey all,
>
> My maintenance required light has been on for a month now (engine
> still
> running great) and I tried turning it off by resetting my PCM. This
> did not
> succeed. I own a '92 CC 4x4 LE with the 3.9l V6 and I remember a
> few years
> ago this light came on and I took it into the Dodge shop and they
> turned it
> off for $35 (ouch!). I also heard that this light is only tripped
> by
> distance or time (not because of a problem)--is this correct? I
> appreciate
> any guidance you can give me with this issue. Thanks.
>
> Shane Craven

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.