Re: CN Dakota

From: Jeff Trithart (homesteadworkshop@shaw.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 23:49:15 EST

There are about 30 of these babies right here in my home town. CN Rail
mainly uses them for supervisors and inspectors. The best I can tell, they
are stone stock except for the high rail equipment. Some are V8's and some
are V6's. All are 4 wheel drive and all the ones that I have seen are
autos. Therre is always 1 or 2 sitting at the local dealersd waiting for
delivery, when there is another one there, I will scope it out a little more
in depth. Just to let you know, there is a bunch of 01 Rams running around
here set up the same. Mixture of 1/2 and 3/4 tons, all 4 wheel drive also.
Only changes I can see are obviously high rail equipment and they change to
wheels to fit the narrow guage tracks.

On a different note, Stuffed R/T. What do you guys think, turbo's or
supercharged. I'm still not sure if I even want to do it, but my local
speed shop is jumping up and down and wants to really help out with pieces
at a drastically reduced price!! I am leaning towards turbo's. The thought
of a couple of hairdryers whistling under the hood gets me going!!

Jeff Trithart
homesteadworkshop@shaw.ca