Re: 4.7 vs 5.9 Question

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 16:17:30 EST

The 4.7L is an iron block engine, aluminum heads. The 4.7L has been out
since late '98 in the '99 Grand Cherokees and I've yet to hear of a
structural or design flaw. Much more than can be said for the 4.6L Ford
Triton motors(Iron block/aluminum heads)! Those things were horrible and are
still for the most part throwaways when they need overhauled/rebuilt. The
only thing I see is that the 4.7L has a resin/glass intake which could be a
problem, although the LS1 crowd doesn't seem to have a problem with theirs.
HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 Reg. cab 2wd, 4.7L/NV3500HD/9.25" 3.92 sure-grip