Ghetto rigged intake

From: Esler, Joel SGT (joel.esler@us.army.mil)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 16:34:11 EST

I haven't taken pictures yet of it, but this is ghetto... I didn't get the
rubber couplers so it made my life difficult, I used the stock rubber thing
that goes to the airbox (which has to restrict airflow, but...) and put a 45
degree angle street pipe piece of PVC in the end of it (3 inch) I had to
stretch the stock rubber thingy, but i got it to fit... then took a foot
long piece of PVC (which I have plenty of since you have to buy in 10 ft
sections), and inserted it into the 45 degree elbow, then i had to basically
file the other end of the pvc down below 3 in opening because once again, i
didnt' buy the rubber coupler thing, then put the filter on it...... put it
all in there, and then started the truck up, and revved the engine, drove it
around for about 20 miles, I noticed a difference, especially around 3500
rpms (which is when the intakes take effect anyway (prior owner of a couple
rice burners)).... then with the dual flowmaster 40 series muffler, now the
truck not only has the sound to back it up, it has the ass to back it up as
well... Hope my 180 degree thermostat gets here quick!

Joel