Need some input from those in the know on the stuffed R/T (LONG)

From: Jeff Trithart (homesteadworkshop@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 21:03:45 EST

As you all know, I am rebuilding the stuffed R/T. I have a local speed shop
wanted very badly to be part of this build up. I talked to him today for a
few hours and this is where you guys come in. He wants to build up the 5.9
and install a twin turbo set-up. He guarantees me that I will have very
usable 500 HP at the rear wheels!!! What do you think? A little background
on this speed shop: I have personally seen and ridden in a few of the cars
they have built motors for. One in particular is a 72 Chevelle that puts
900HP to the ground! I was there during test and tune when it was on the
chassis dyno and the numbers are real. He says the truck will be fuel and
water injected, air to air intercooled, balanced and blueprinted, basically
built to the nuts using the original R/T motor. All for $20,000 bucks!!
This is Canadian coin so bear that in mind, but is this a deal or what? The
tranny is my concern when this much power is going thru it. The term usable
is another, yeah, it might be usable but is it streetable, he says yes!!
This power level requires a whole bunch of chassis mods which I am aware of
and they are not a problem.
This opens up a whole new avenue on where to take this truck, what do you
guys think? should I go this route or just shorten it like at first and
take it from there as a streetable truck or turn it into a power freak of
nature?

Looking for some input, let me know
Jeff Trithart
homesteadworkshop@shaw.ca