Re: Ram truck transmissions

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 22:35:44 EST

LOL ... That was good Andy ;-)

Those are very good questions. Look below for the "possible" answers ;-)

The specs (that I remember) are:

2002 Quad Cab
Patriot Blue
4x4
4.7
45RFE auto tranny
3:92 gears
anti-slip rear axle
short bed (6.5')
SLT package (power everything)
8 way power front seats
base stereo (won't be too long before a new one goes in)
chrome bug deflector (it was already on it)

The way I figure it, I should be good for X-mas 2001, her birthday '02 and
our anniversary '02 from this one.

Dak content: My lowered Dak is going to look like a shrimp compared to her
beast

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport

> * What color will she paint her nails at the shows now? All PB, all IB, > one hand of each, or alternating fingers?

She'll paint them red for Jon Smith ;-)

> * Who's gonna clean the Dak with the Q-tips for you at the shows from now > on?

Know any free labor?

> * Do you have a replacement sunbather for the back of the Dak, to influence > the judges? If not, I might be able to talk my girlfriend into it.

If your girlfriend has better luck influencing the judges, then she's hired;-) (Not a word Bob N. ;-)

> * How many times is she going to have to hit you before you stop trying to > mod it?

None. She's just as bad as I am given the proper "modding vehicle"

> * How long till you manage to make a Hurst shifter fit on that auto tranny?

Ya really think it can be done??

> But most importantly, it's good to see that you're secure enough to not > have a problem with your wife driving a bigger truck :)

I'm still working on that one ...

> In all seriousness, after having driven that same setup at Dodge's Meet the > Mayor event in September, I know you guys are gonna love it. >

We took it out for a quick test drive and I was very pleased with how it rode and handled. Good thing the salesman wasn't with us ;-)