Re: Englehart- Transmission??

From: Car37 (englehart@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 11:24:24 EST

Yes, that is the set up I have. The vapor can was my fault, not paying
attention to tying up the lines when putting things back together. The lines
melted on the exhaust. I have 117 000Km on it now and had it fixed about 2000Km
ago so about 70 000miles. The front bearing shattered for an unknown reason, I
had the oil changed in thranny last year, about 20 to 30 000 Km ago. I did not
do any major pulling of offroading. This bearing is behind a little plate in
the bell housing just after the clutch. The machanic said there was nothing
else wrong with it, just the bearing went. I have the 96 318, NV3500 5sp with
4X4.