RE: I have a bad rack opinion!!

From: Chris Currie (ccurrie@src.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 09:57:14 EST

I just got my rack replaced as well. The rack was leaking power sterring
fluid out of it. Steering wasn't affected at all until it got so low in
fluid that it started to moan when turning. But I've also got 57,000 Km's on
it.

On another note, it turns out (so far) that it was the slave cylinder in the
transmission that was not allowing my truck to go into gear the other day.
So I now have a new slave cylinder installed, and we'll being keeping a
close eye on things as the warranty is up in about 2000 km's.....

On the plus side, while my truck was in getting fixed, I rented a 2002 Dodge
Ram 4X4 Quad cab, with just about every option available and it had the 4.7
L V8, and all I can say is WOW! I was pretty impressed with it. So much
impressed, that I might look into upgrading from the Dakota to the Ram....

Chris Currie
2000 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport CC Intense Blue V6 5 Spd.