Re: RE: Never believe what i saw today

From: Jeff Trithart (homesteadworkshop@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 01:13:48 EST

When I bought my full size Ram in 97, it was a 1/2 ton with the 5.9. I went
down to the parts counter and bought the V10 engine emblems for the doors.
Most people that saw the truck knew that you could not get the V10 in the
1/2's, but there were a whole bunch of people that didn't know any better.
You would be amazed at how many guys would look under the hood and not have
a clue they were looking at a V8. I even had the truck at a dealer (not
local) who was amazed that I had the truck built for me like this when I
told him it was "special" ordered. I had more fun than I thought possible
for the cost of the emblems -$24.00. My local dealer had 3 Dakotas sitting
on his lot that had V6 emblems when they actually had V8's. They were
badged wrong from the factory.
I agree with everyone about badging cars or trucks with totally wrong
emblems. Kind of like not being able to afford a Dodge, so you rebadge your
old Ferd make it look like you have a Dodge. Just my 0.10 cents.

Jeff Trithart
Y2K 4.7/5spd CC 4by loaded
Y2K+1 stuffed R/T
homesteadworkshop@shaw.ca