Re: Gen-II gauge questions

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 11:07:57 EST

In a message dated 12/12/2001 7:26:03 AM Central Standard Time,
flyboy01@mediaone.net writes:

> As you can tell, I have been researching this for a while. The only real
> problem is the charging system. I would prefer to get rid of the harness and
> computer, so I was thinking of using an external regulator.

That was how I "fixed" the regulator on my Charger; I just added an external
regulator to the existing alternator & wiring system; that way the computer
still thinks it's doing it's job and doesn't throw a fault code.. Just get
an external regulator plug & the wires to the alternator from an older mopar.
 Simple hook up.. 2 wires.. Did mine over 6 years ago with no problems.
Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo