Re: High-mileage dakotas?? (Will)

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 11:31:25 EST

I'd like to get a "decoy" to keep the crap from happening to mine, but I
don't know how I might work that. School was a 2hr drive each way this
semester, and will likely be 3hrs or more next semester each way, so I need
my truck. I'm not sure what draws attention to my truck, it's got no
offensive stickers on it(no stickers/markings at all come to think of it),
and it's not like I double park or anything. I always parked in a corner
like I said, and there were about three other guys that parked on the end
with me in the next three spaces. We had all agreed that we had nice cars
and we wouldn't park too close or ding each other's doors, etc. There was a
'93 Cobra, teal green w/ a blown 306, a '71 Challenger, built 440/A-833/Dana
60,etc. and a '00 Silverado ext. cab 2wd 5.3L/4L60E/3.73 lsd, it was on air
and 20" colorado customs, and a lot more stuff! Anyway, their vehicles never
got messed with much, guess mine was just too stock! I'm going to be going
to autobody school at night soon, when I get my regualar classes figured out
and work adjusted where I can do it for 6 hrs or so a night. Hopefully I
won't be fixing anything else on mine too soon. The damage I've got now is
going to cost me about $8000 to fix, but it will be better when we get done,
I hope!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 Reg. cab 2wd, 4.7L/NV3500HD/9.25" 3.92 sure-grip