Mileage and bad Rack and Pinion unit

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 21:58:39 EST

I posted back in the beginning of November that the deal replaced my bad
Rack and Pinion unit. Also I said that my mileage was up. 5 weeks later, 8
fill ups at the pump my avg. mpg is 15.35mpg. I checked the 8 fill up before
that and its 13.8 mpg. The old Rack and Pinion unit was robbing me of
1.55mpg. I could feel the power when the new unit installed. I wonder what
long term effect this has on the power steering pump?

Thought I would just pass this along. In other words I'm at work and have
nothing to do....

--
Don Mallett