Re: Compounding of glass?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin2@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 02:47:34 EST

Bob, there is such a thing as a Mopar windsheild, I'm getting ready to buy
one to replace mine. They are NOT cheap, but I like original parts and Mopar
glass is actually a little safer than aftermarket glass in the event of a
collision. I used some glass polish at one time that a guy at a detail shop
showed me, but I'm not sure where he got it from. It was probably Auto
Majic, but I'm not sure. Good 'ol paste form mild abraisive toothpaste works
equally well and is much easier and cheaper to get your hands on. Be easy
with the pressure, though- let the abraisive do the work, not your
fingers.HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 Reg. cab 2wd, 4.7L/NV3500HD/9.25" 3.92 sure-grip