Re: Compression vs Timing

From: Bidwack@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 06:28:31 EST

In a message dated 12/14/01 12:00:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dodgeboy93@hotmail.com writes:

<< According to Marty at KRC the motor will still run on 93 octane gas
 without a problem. I'm wondering though If it would still run on 93 with a
 few extra degrees of spark advance from a custom computer flash such as one
 from ASE. If not, what is better..more compression or more spark advance?
 Easy to retard timing with my msd box, but its hard to have to swap out
 pistons again. Sorry for the rambeling...Any one have any input? >>

Marty knows his stuff pretty well. I'm driving around with 500 hp and 640
tq, courtesy of him. I would go with the compression. You can always flash
the computer to do what you want.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

THE BIONIC DODGE - 2000 Ram QC 1500 Sport, 408 Stroker, Vortech T-trim
blower, 'nuff said.