Re: Block Heater question

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 19:57:53 EST

Thanks Bob,

And to the rest of you guys that responded to my question. I kinda figured
it had something to do with the sensors and the PCM. But like I said it
only lasts for 1-2 seconds so no biggy as it runs great after that.
As far as the "sizzling sound", mine starts as soon as it is plugged in, but
every vehicle I've had does the same thing, so I think that's normal. (Damn
Canadian winters) :-)

Also to the guys that responded to my crank position sensor question,
thanks. Now I know where to look for it but am not sure what it looks like
in relation and location to other sensors or engine parts (how many wires go
into it etc.). But I'm sure after snooping around I'll figure it out.

Thanks again
Jay

""jay & dana"" <jay&dana@telus.net> wrote in message
> I was wonder if anyone could tell me the location of the CPS on a 97, 318,
5
> spd, 4x4, in relation to the oil pressure send unit? I can't seem to
locate
> it but I know it should be close to the oil pressure sending unit. Also
> which would be the best way to locate the CPS, from under the hood or
under
> the truck? I know it's close to the distributor somewhere, but I don't
know
> what I'm looking for.
>
> Thanks for any info guys,
> Jay

Its right behind the passenger side head, bolts onto the block
-Aaron