Re: Open air intake = less torque (is this possible?)

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 10:20:28 EST

I think it's possible, but it's probably more your imagination playing with
you in this case (how's that for a non-committal answer?).

Did you reset the PCM when you swapped the filters? That could
have an impact.

I'm basing my first response on what I've heard about TBs. I know that
with some of the aftermarket "performance" TBs out there (Fastman, F&B,
Mopar, etc.), if you make the bores too large, you'll lose low-end power.
Obviously, the air filter won't have this large of an effect, but I suppose
it's possible.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com