Re: Open air intake = less torque (is this possible?)

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 17:48:57 EST

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:25:36 -0500, Andy Levy wrote:

> I think it's possible, but it's probably more your imagination playing
> with you in this case (how's that for a non-committal answer?).

Guess I need a dyno :-).

> Did you reset the PCM when you swapped the filters? That could have an
> impact.

Nope. I deliberately didn't reset it because it was about to go for its
smog test. Since I usually drive pretty conservatively, I was guessing
that its learned program would probably be better for the test.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the crankcase breather, or
possibly the S-bolt...? Maybe when the weather gets better I'll have to
do some experiments.

Jason Bleazard jbleazard@sympatico.ca Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white