Re: Synthetic oil question

From: thomas Mize (dakotasport94@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 23:32:46 EST

I totaly disagree with the last comment,that an engine with alot of miles on
it shouldnt be changed to synthetic,,,,,well,If a motor,reguardless of
mileage,is in good shape...and doesnt burn alot of oil and has good
compression. i see no problem with converting to
Synthetic oils. they are cleaning agents,it helps clean all of the sludge
out of the engine so the new oil can take its place in lubercating places
once occupied with sludge.

In 1997 I bought an 89 Daytona with 86,000 miles on it. shortly there after
i changed it over to Amsoil 10W30 and did it make a diffrence.granted i
replaced the Valve cover gasket after the conversion...it did leak alittle
bit,but it was clean.
Now the car has 158,000 miles on it ang it runs quieter than any other
2.5/2.2 litre motor that ive seen or heard, it sounds like a new car.
it doesnt leak a bit of oil except at the rear-mail seal...big deal!!!!

1994 Dodge Dakota Sport(1 of 2,986)
1995 Dodge Dakota Sport(RIP)
1995 Dodge Stratus ES(1 of 593)
1989 Dodge Daytona (1 of 1,196)