Re: Tire Question

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 23:27:34 EST

Welcome to the list! Another v6 joins the ranks ;-)

To answer your question, you should be all set. The 275/60/15 tire is only
about 3/4 of an inch wider than the stock 255/65/15. I don't know if you
have the 7" wide rim (single spoke) or the 8" wide rim (double spoke), but
according to the specs on tirerack.com, the BFG Radial T/A (the only tire
they have listed in 275/60/15) will fit on a 7" to 11" rim. The height of
the 275/60/15 tire is .19" shorter than the 255/65/15 so you'll get a little
better jump off the line as well.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport